Agent is older

Currently reading
Agent is older

Last edited:
Receiving "The current version of the agent is older. Please update the agent" on an ABfB bare metal restore after creating recovery media and booting from it.
DSM6.2 running ABB 2.2.0-2074 on a DS1618+. Recovery media created today.
This is a test run on my home system prior to attempting a bare metal restore on a client DS920+ running DSM7.
Is there a way to select target ABfB version during recovery media conversion? Does Synology provide recovery media content that will allow for connectivity to older ABfB versions?
Unless I am misunderstanding what is happening here, this is concerning, as a version mismatch between recovery media and ABfB version on the NAS could result in inability to recover data in a bare-metal restore.

Thank you.

Receiving "The current version of the agent is older. Please update the agent" on an ABfB bare metal restore after creating recovery media and booting from it.
DSM6.2 running ABB 2.2.0-2074 on a DS1618+. Recovery media created today.
This is a test run on my home system prior to attempting a bare metal restore on a client DS920+ running DSM7.
Is there a way to select target ABfB version during recovery media conversion? Does Synology provide recovery media content that will allow for connectivity to older ABfB versions?
Unless I am misunderstanding what is happening here, this is concerning, as a version mismatch between recovery media and ABfB version on the NAS could result in inability to recover data in a bare-metal restore.

Thank you.
I'm a dummy. Leaving this post in case someone else does the same thing. Recovery media creator that matches each DSM version can be downloaded from the media center. I had downloaded the wrong recovery media creator.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.