1. RT2600ac
  2. MR2200ac
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Hi everyone,
I'm trying to install Akaunting on Docker Synology Docker Hub
The container is created without any problems, I use a database created separately in MariaDB on Docker. Then I run the https: //my-domain:port configuration process, but I can't go through the 2nd step. After entering the data into the database, the process does not proceed. Tables are created in the database. But it can never go to Stage 3. Anyone wanna check?

I got to step 3:
1619012815207.png

docker-compose snip for akaunting:
Code:
services:
  akaunting:
    image: vcxpz/akaunting
    container_name: akaunting
    volumes:
      - ${SSD}akaunting:/config
    environment:
      - PUID=${USERID}
      - PGID=${USERGROUP}
      - TZ=${TZ}
    ports:
      - 6880:80
      - 6843:443
    networks:
      - synology

docker-compose snip for mariadb:
Code:
  mariadb:
    image: mariadb:latest
    container_name: mariadb
    ports:
      - 3307:3306
    environment:
      - MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWORD=${DBADMINCOMPLEX}
      - MYSQL_USER=${DBUSER}
      - MYSQL_PASSWORD=${DBCOMPLEX}
      - MYSQL_ROOT_HOST=%
    volumes:
      - "${SSD}MariaDB/database:/var/lib/mysql"
    networks:
      - synology
    restart: always

:) How do you get it set up?

I have:

Docker Network - Bridge
Subnet: 172.17.0.0/16
Gateway: 172.17.0.1

Details MariaDB container:
IP: 172.17.0.13
Network Bridge

Details Akaunting container:
IP: 172.17.0.15
Network: Bridge

Attachments

• Setup.png
    Setup.png
    18.8 KB · Views: 17
You should put in the DB container name (in my case mariadb) I didn't need a port.
You said the databases were created so that can't be what's wrong.
I logged into my mariadb and created a database called akaunting and created a user called akaunting with full permissions on the database, specifying the user is able to connect to it from the 172.18.% subnet (you'd need the 172.17.% subnet as that's your container).
So:
Hostname: mariadb
username: akaunting
password: <YourSecurePassword!!!!!!!>
Database: akaunting

Then I told it to connect, it thought about it for a couple of minutes and then went to step 3.
You're always best if you're connecting on your container network to connect with the container name.

Oh and the only reason the colour difference is there is I'm currently experimenting with brute forcing dark mode on websites, just so it isn't added confusion.

I think there is something wrong with the database. Can you tell me how to correctly assign permissions to this subnet and database for a new user in MariaDB?

Ok, I use HeidiSQL as it's what I've used historically, I've also not gotten around to learning how to do it via cmd but I really should.
So connect to the NAS on the database port you've exposed:
1619014916747.png

I've highlighted the hostname/IP and the port as you'll need to change that to the ones you've specified.
Once connected, right click on the connection in the new window -> Create New -> Database:
1619015051585.png

I named it akaunting and clicked create:
Next go to tools -> user manager
1619015140493.png

Then:
I) Click Add
II) Assign the username, from host (in your case 172.17.%) and password (once confirmed it'll change to an encrypted form so don't panic
III) Add object
IV) Specify the database you created a minute ago and click OK
V) Tick the box so you're giving the user full permissions on the database and click save
1619015499703.png

There you go.

Ok, started working it out:
Connect to the console on your mariadb container then type:
mysql -u root -p<password> (no space between p and the <password> and use your root password obviously)
CREATE DATABASE `akaunting`;
CREATE USER 'akaunting' IDENTIFIED BY 'YourComplexPassword';
GRANT ALL privileges ON `akaunting`.* TO 'akaunting'@'172.18.%' IDENTIFIED BY 'YourComplexPassword';
FLUSH PRIVILEGES;

You can then check the user has the correct permissions by running:
SHOW GRANTS FOR 'akaunting'@'172.18.%';

Obviously in your case change the 172.18.% to 172.17.%
Well there we have it, I've learnt something new today, so I'm happy!

Ignore that.. read the whole screengrab.
Nothing in your synology firewall that might be blocking this?
You could try just % rather than limiting it to 172.17.% , however it's less safe

Thank you very much Akira for help but no change. I did everything again and turned off Synology's firewall but the effect is the same. It's blocking something, but I don't know what.

Ok, how about using the ip address of your nas on the host name. If you're using a different external port so using 3307 rather than 3306 you may need to map that on the host name as well. You'll also need to change the 172.17.% to just %for the time being, you can secure again once it's working.

My current configuration:
MariaDB container use host network (port 3306), Akaunting container use bridge network (172.17.0.0/16) (port 8855:443, 8854:80). I run https://ip-nas:8855 and in the second stage, in the hostname field, I enter ip-nas:3306.
Database.png

User.png

Whether PUID and PGID matter in the Akaunting container?

Hi everyone,
I'm trying to install Akaunting on Docker Synology Docker Hub
The container is created without any problems, I use a database created separately in MariaDB on Docker. Then I run the https: //my-domain:port configuration process, but I can't go through the 2nd step. After entering the data into the database, the process does not proceed. Tables are created in the database. But it can never go to Stage 3. Anyone wanna check?
I recently had the exact same issue as you. What it turned out to be was the type of collation the database was setup as. I was using phpmyadmin to create the database and it defaulted to utf8_general_ci. I had to re-create the database using utf8mb4_bin and then it worked.

Ok, sebszc...
Please can you show me the complete configuration of the akaunting container.
From my config file
volume mappings:
What is being mapped to /config
environment:
What PUID have you assigned and what user is it mapped to?
What PGID have you assigned and what group is it mapped to? Is the PUID a member of this group?

That all looks fine to me (then again I'd never looked at the software or container until yesterday).
How long have you left it with the 3 cycling dots in the green box once you have filled out the database information?
What browser are you using?
I used edge as it was what I was using to test some things at the time, have you tried that?
Have files appeared in the /volume1/docker/akaunting?
As I said it did take a little while to move onto step 3 and I'm doing this on an SSD with a 200MB connection.
If it's downloading things or creating lots of files it could take much longer.

Other than those.....
I'm using docker-compose and you're using the SynoUI.
My containers are all (where possible) on their own network and not bridged.
Other than that I can't really see a difference in our setups (that would make a difference).

It might be worth going to the folder /volume1/docker/akaunting and adding everyone with full permissions on it.
I REALLY HATE removing security but until you can find the issue you can't get it working.

I use Firefox and Chrome. The files appear in the directory volume1 \ docker \ Akaunting. I waited for about 30 min :)
Okay, it's time to finish the tests, maybe one day we will succeed. Many thanks Akira.

Sorry I couldn't fix it. What I don't understand is that the files are being created, the database is obviously being populated as well, so I can't see why it wouldn't progress.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Trending threads

Back