DSM 7.1 All of a sudden my NAS unmount from my computer (920+, Mac Mini M1)

Currently reading
DSM 7.1 All of a sudden my NAS unmount from my computer (920+, Mac Mini M1)

NAS
920+ and 218play
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
I never ever had this problem before but all of a sudden I lose connection to my NAS. What i've done different since this problem began is updating to DSM 7.1 and installing a new (fourth) disc. After this the 920+ unmount itself and I can't understand why this is happening since it's worked like a charm during the one year I owned it. Until now.

I'm lost here to what's going on to be honest. My other NAS (218play) still works like it should and stays connected.

I connect to my 920+ via finder (SMB) with my Mac Mini M1 (Ventura 13.2)

Last edited:
Same here. SMB3 mounted volumes are sporadically unmounted and cannot be remounted (script, manually via Finder menu...) because the NAS can be found as server, but not the shared volumes.

The hidden folder "Volumes" on MacintoshHD is empty. In other words, there are no more mount points.

If you stop SMB services from the Connected Users panel in DSM, you can remount the volumes.

Deleting or modifying any SMB-related MacOS files in "Library" will also not help.

OS Updates…

6C0D0471-BB6D-4271-B615-EB2FEB027472.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.