Question Am I missing a static route??

NAS
DS916+ x2
Router
  1. RT2600ac
Operating system
  1. Windows
Hi,

I'm looking for some help from the collective with a site to site VPN link.
It's a satellite office link to main HQ and has been running quite happily with 2 RT2600ac routers in site to site mode.
Now the satellite office is being upgraded to a 4G LTE link, so can no longer use site-to-site setup. No problem - fire up the old pfSense box and connect the satellite office as a VPN client. Got this all working, can ping from the satellite office to the main servers, but can't get traffic going back the other way. Feels like I'm missing a route on the Synology, but can't see where to add it... when setting up static routes, there is no option to use the VPN interface as a destination, only LAN, WAN, internet etc.

What am I missing???

Details:
Satellite office uses 192.168.10.0/24 IP range
Main HQ uses 192.168.15.0/24 IP range
OpenVPN tunnel from satellite (pfSense client) to main (Synology RT2600ac server) on 172.22.0.x.
The tunnel is up and running and I can trace the route correctly from the 192.168.10.0 network all the way to an end server on the 192.168.15.0 network.
However, traffic from the 192.168.15.0 network is getting lost - I can ping the tunnel endpoints from the 192.168.15.0 network, but can't find where the route gets setup.

Thanks,

Scott

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Trending threads

Back