NAS Compares An Idiots Guide to Buying Your First NAS Drive

Currently reading
NAS Compares An Idiots Guide to Buying Your First NAS Drive

Welcome to NASCompares YouTube channel!

Check out our next video below.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

NAS Compares Video

- - -

Check out FREE NAS advice section on nascompares.com

With all its myriad influences English is a very flexible language but this can lead to some ambiguities. Take for instance the subject line of this thread: who is the idiot in this sentence? Is it the novice first time buyer of a NAS, or quite possibly it's the author of the guide.

Poll: Who's the idiot?
  1. Buyer.
  2. Author.

3. Me.

I watched it to see what was said. Not a bad primer for someone that's heard about NAS and has no experience with them. But I'd rather scan/read and see screenshots instead of watching videos that may at sometime address what I'm interested in finding out.

I do not get why people love to bash nascompares.com!

It's a really friendly chatty style, the man has a sense of humour (OK, British humour, but even so). It's not aggressive, it's not arrogant in nature, so where is the problem. I watched quite a few of his videos before I invested in my NASes and they were often the start point to going elsewhere. Yes, I'm prepared to admit it.
Yes, this one has a particularly high 'waffle' factor, but even in there there was the bit at the end about noise levels between different disks (ok ok, that fifteen seconds was probably a 35 minute video originally!)

And as for 17:53, it was excellent!

I assume he is an employee of the merchant behind, but the crossover is very limited and unintrusive, so I think it is well done! 😛This is probably the reason why the videos tend to be a little 'contradictory' sometimes, because denigrating one or other maker would hurt the sales of that brand at the merchant behind. He is like the BBC... Always Neutral!

My view. Now, please feel free to destroy me... 🖖nascompares.com!

OK, British humour, but even so
Oi! Nothing wrong with British humour.

My original comment was nothing to do with the content but rather the ambiguous 'idiot' of the title. An idiot's guide could be 'a guide by an idiot' or 'a guide for idiots'.

Sorry it's my sense of humour. ;)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.