Currently reading
Android contacts sync

NAS
Ds218
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Hi to all. I'm slowly starting to migrate my data from the clouds to synology, where I want everything, including contacts and calendar.
I installed contacts and calendar on synology, imported contacts from my google account, and installed opensync on my phone. I copied the link to sync contacts and entered my synology account, but it still shows me I can't find the caldav or carddav service. It will list the permission denied in the log.
Do you have any idea where the problem might be?
When I copy a link to a browser on my mobile, it downloads my contact card.

Last edited:
When I copy a link to a browser on my mobile, it downloads my contact card.

That's an indication the link is good. I'm unfamiliar with opensync (I use DAVx5), but entering
https://domain.com/carddav/username along with userID and pwd is all that is required. After that, I have to direct "Contacts" to source from the DAVx5 sync instead of the default Google Contacts.

That's an indication the link is good. I'm unfamiliar with opensync (I use DAVx5), but entering
https://domain.com/carddav/username along with userID and pwd is all that is required. After that, I have to direct "Contacts" to source from the DAVx5 sync instead of the default Google Contacts.
^^
+ I also turned off Google Contacts sync on Android.

Thank you for answer. I also tried davx5, but unfortunately he writes the same to me. The link is exactly copied from the contacts. I don't know where the problem may be anymore.

When you open Android Contacts, there is an icon in the upper right of the screen... touch that and select the DAVx5 account (if multiple DAVx5 entries, try each until you see your contacts). Mine says "DAVx5 Address book".

Screenshot_20210412-172902_DAVx.jpg

-- post merged: --

but it still shows me I can't find the caldav or carddav service

So I probably already know where the error is, synchronization does not work via quickconnect only on the local network.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.