NAS
DS920+
Operating system
  1. Linux
  2. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Hi All,

So I've only had my 920+ a couple of weeks and until I bought it I'd never heard of Docker. I'm loving the new NAS and what I'm able to do with Docker but I'm running into a couple of problems and it's clear I need to understand how things work better.

A problem I'm having is that I've installed lidarr in a docker container using the same method I used to set up sonarr/radarr using PUID/PGID. All these apps can access my 'data' share. However, with lidarr I'd like it to access my 'music' share that I presume Audiostation uses as the default location for shared music. I've given the same permissions to the 'music' share as I have to the the data share but when I try adding a new root folder in lidarr I can't find the music share anywhere. I'm not sure if this is a permissions issue or just the fact that I don't understand the linux file structure.

On a side note, lidarr seems to work well for artists but I'm struggling when trying to add compilations, is there something else out there better?

I'd be grateful if someone can explain what I'm doing wrong. Thanks in advance for any help.

Solution
So I'm guessing I needed to add /music when I set up the container?

Is this something I can add after or do I need to delete it and re install it again?
Correct, you need to add a bind volume to "music". You can add it by stoping the container, and editing it.
Personally I walked away from any synology based software once I got into docker.
I've got airsonic to stream audio to android devices, daapd as an itunes server.
That said my music resides in the music folder that Audiostation would have used.
Are you sure that the user you're using in docker has the correct permissions on the shared folder?
Are you sure you're mapping the music folder correctly to the lidarr container?

Lidarr doesn't deal with various artist compilations very well, they even say they don't deal with them at all (or at least never used to). I've not found anything better though.

How are you setting up your containers? DSM docker ui? Docker compose?
Can you share any config settings?

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Hi Akira, thanks for your reply.

Are you sure that the user you're using in docker has the correct permissions on the shared folder?
So I've checked the permissions of the two shares and they're the same. I set up a 'DockerLimited' user at the beginning which has read/write access to my data and music shares. The difference is that 'DockerLimited' had r/w permission for the 'data' share but not the 'music' share when I created the lidarr container. I've given it r/w permission after, when I realised it would be handy for other NAS users to access music in the audiostation shared folder. I'm not sure if this is where I went wrong.

Are you sure you're mapping the music folder correctly to the lidarr container?
No not really. I try adding a root folder in 'Media Management' but can't see a music folder in the path list. I've tried adding /music/ and /volume1/music/ manually but lidarr says path does not exist for both.

How are you setting up your containers? DSM docker ui? Docker compose?
Through the DSM ui. I tried using a compose script when I originally installed lidarr (following Marius Hosting guide) but I had permission problems, so removed the container, and used the same method I used for sonarr/radarr (Dr frankenstein's guide).

thanks for your help.
-- post merged: --

lidarr.png

Is this something I can add after or do I need to delete it and re install it again?

Thanks

Upvote 0

Correct, you need to add a bind volume to "music". You can add it by stoping the container, and editing it.

Upvote 0
Solution
Last edited:
Brilliant, thanks again (y)
-- post merged: --

It's working fine now, thanks very much for your help (y)

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.