Currently reading
Another NAS migration question

NAS
DS220+, DS918+, RS1219+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
I have a DS918+ with 4 HDD's that I want to transfer over to my new RS1219+. When I first hooked up the RS1219 and went to synology's "find me" website, it found the NAS, but wouldn't let me proceed with installation because I didn't have any drives installed. Aside from the 4 drives I want to migrate, I only have 2 surveillance-class drives currently available that I was planning on running surveillance station on. I installed those drives in bays 7&8 to see what the next steps would be on the "find me" website, and it wants to install DSM on those drives. I do not want those drives to be home for anything other than video. How do I get the RS1219 up and running if I don't want DSM installed on the surveillance drives, but I also don't have any other drives available because I'm trying to get the 1219 set up so I can migrate my old 918 drives over to it?

Solution
Everything I read said the 1219 had to have the same dsm version as the 918. Is that only a requirement if I had already been running the 1219 with other drives in it and now wanted to migrate the 918 drives over?
this is a default migration requirement when migrating. This is not specific if to your case
I have a DS918+ with 4 HDD's that I want to transfer over to my new RS1219+. When I first hooked up the RS1219 and went to synology's "find me" website, it found the NAS, but wouldn't let me proceed with installation because I didn't have any drives installed. Aside from the 4 drives I want to migrate, I only have 2 surveillance-class drives currently available that I was planning on running surveillance station on. I installed those drives in bays 7&8 to see what the next steps would be on the "find me" website, and it wants to install DSM on those drives. I do not want those drives to be home for anything other than video. How do I get the RS1219 up and running if I don't want DSM installed on the surveillance drives, but I also don't have any other drives available because I'm trying to get the 1219 set up so I can migrate my old 918 drives over to it?
Why not put the 918 drives in 1219?

Upvote 0
Everything I read said the 1219 had to have the same dsm version as the 918. Is that only a requirement if I had already been running the 1219 with other drives in it and now wanted to migrate the 918 drives over?
this is a default migration requirement when migrating. This is not specific if to your case

Upvote 0
Solution

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.