Any way to set up two DS220+ boxes to act as one unit?

Currently reading
Any way to set up two DS220+ boxes to act as one unit?

NAS
DS220+
Operating system
  1. macOS
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
I was thinking about adding another DS220+ and was just wondering if there is some way to link two of them so they appear as one unit with one IP address. I can't thnk of a way and haven't found any info on it, but I figured I'd ask here just in case I'm missing something.

Solution
No not really. The only thing that comes to mind is SMB’s Aggregation Portal feature.

You could separate features between the two NAS. Such as media serving from one and office functions from the other. Using LDAP Server could then have the same user accounts on both NAS.
No not really. The only thing that comes to mind is SMB’s Aggregation Portal feature.

You could separate features between the two NAS. Such as media serving from one and office functions from the other. Using LDAP Server could then have the same user accounts on both NAS.

Upvote 0
Solution
Thanks. The more I thought about it, the more I leaned towards it being impossible. Two distinct systems, each with its own OS and MAC address, etc. Just too complex. Oh well, thanks for the reply, anyway.

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.