Any Word on a DS3617xs Replacement?

Currently reading
Any Word on a DS3617xs Replacement?

D

Deleted member 673

Has anyone heard if Synology will be offering a 12-bay desktop with features similar to the DS1621xs+ in the 2021 timeframe? I am specifically looking for at least that level of CPU with built-in 10GbE and/or NVMe slots. The DS3617xs does not support NVMe at all.

As a general trend, are 12-bay desktop models less likely to keep up with new technology over the coming years? If that is the case, we may consider moving to two or more 6-bay NAS, with a DS1621xs+ for the most heavily used data/applications. Fortunately, our data and workload can be easily split.

Thanks for comments.

Ron

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Similar threads

A few months old. Migration went ok but I had to reinstall a few packages which was slightly annoying but...
Replies
Views
I got lucky and managed to find another one 12 Volt 5.4 Amp Power Supply | eBay so I bought it right...
Replies
Views
Thank you, Rusty. I think my only recourse, then, is to install my drives in a working J model and...
Replies
Views
OK thanks. I have an ongoing ticket with them but have kind of taken matters into my own hands and used...
Replies
Views
Have there been any updates or newer options to replace synology photo/moments/station with non-synology...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I've got a DS414j I've had for a few years now and I've got an email alert and error beep today...
Replies
Views

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Back