Question Anyone run FreshRSS in Docker?

Currently reading
Question Anyone run FreshRSS in Docker?

I probably have the original set up monkeyed up. It's a DRAGAS container. I create a folder Docker > mysql > sameersbn > ttrss. It is on the same volume.

When I get a list from root I only see Drive, Music and www. Which is all under my home. If I go to root using sudo su - I don't see anything using 'ls'.

I will note that I do not have anything under Volume in Dragas and the environment path is a bunch of "usr/bin...blah blah". The ttrss is working fine, but trying to access from iOS app.

PS I really appreciate your responsiveness here.

Well, if you haven't changed anything on both the DB container and ttrss container then you will have a ttrss instance that will reset itself upon reboot (unless the volumes are setup).

I'm still using linuxserver/tt-rss image but its been deprecated a while back. So I'm stuck on a version that's working for me.

Most of the guide (Docker - Tiny Tiny RSS (TT-RSS) - Free and open source web-based news feed (RSS/Atom) reader and aggregator) is still valid for this installation apart that there is a need for a new rss image.

Send some pictures from you docker setup regarding this current state and maybe we can modify it to work as it should so that you can then apply Fever plugin.

Thanks. I wonder if a new install is need to place it in the “www” folder. I figure it could be mapped regardless. See pics.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-01-08 at 8.00.25 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-08 at 8.00.25 AM.png
    123.5 KB · Views: 30
  • Screen Shot 2020-01-08 at 8.01.22 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-08 at 8.01.22 AM.png
    44.5 KB · Views: 23
  • Screen Shot 2020-01-08 at 8.01.33 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-08 at 8.01.33 AM.png
    24 KB · Views: 25
  • Screen Shot 2020-01-08 at 8.01.53 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-08 at 8.01.53 AM.png
    20.6 KB · Views: 21
  • Screen Shot 2020-01-08 at 8.02.08 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-08 at 8.02.08 AM.png
    32.3 KB · Views: 22
Sorry. I omitted that tab. I can change to whatever setup you think might achieve this. I’m not too far in the process.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-01-08 at 11.39.09 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-08 at 11.39.09 AM.png
    20.1 KB · Views: 16
Ok this makes more sense now. So the folder structure from the 1st image is your db content and that’s fine. That’s where the data will be hosted. what needs to be done now is to modify and add a volume that will map ttrss config folder structure to a local folder of your choice on your nas.

Don’t have time to have a look how this image is organized so can’t suggest anything atm. I’ll have a look later tonight or tomorrow and get back to you unless someone else beats me to it.

So, I was able to figure this out finally.

I extracted in /web/fever (random location) on my synology. I then connected using ssh. Gained access to the root and ran a "docker ps" to get the instance name. I then navigated to /web so I could copy the folder over.

“docker cp fever [instance_name]:"

It started working immediately with a free app I downloaded, Tiny Reader.

Ok this makes more sense now. So the folder structure from the 1st image is your db content and that’s fine. That’s where the data will be hosted. what needs to be done now is to modify and add a volume that will map ttrss config folder structure to a local folder of your choice on your nas.

Don’t have time to have a look how this image is organized so can’t suggest anything atm. I’ll have a look later tonight or tomorrow and get back to you unless someone else beats me to it.

I did not realize the difference at the time and wanted to pass information back to a specific person.

I think I see where to DM the person now.

The discussion is over. Sorry to have bothered you.

Would this discussion on TT-RSS / Fever be better moved to a new thread and given a useful subject. It could help others that are interested in TT-RSS and not FreshRSS.

I did not realize the difference at the time and wanted to pass information back to a specific person.

I think I see where to DM the person now.

The discussion is over. Sorry to have bothered you.
Thank you for your feedback on the matter. There is no need to break this into multiple topics considering its only hald a dozen posts on the Fever matter. Also, search engine will do its part.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.