Apache 2.4 "mod security"

NAS
DS412+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Hi Guys,
I am hosting a webpage from my Synology using Apache 2.4. It is a genealogy website with a Maria database backend. I had been using it for years without an issue on apache 2.3 but after migration to 2.4 I can no longer get to the 'admin' page when I log into my website. I detailed the problem to the website package creators and they are saying to look at 'mod security' settings within Apache 2.4. I have no idea how to do that on my Synology.

You can see the discussion here: Control Panel gets a 404 error

Doing some more research via Google, it seems I might have disable mod security through the Apache httpd.conf configuration file? How would I get to that?

I just trawled to find where apache 2.4 may be installed and found /usr/local/etc/apache24 that has a link to the modules, conf, and sites-enabled folders. I haven't seen any mention of mod_security in here. Neither in apache22 folder.

What happens if you use Ngnix as the web engine?

I just trawled to find where apache 2.4 may be installed and found /usr/local/etc/apache24 that has a link to the modules, conf, and sites-enabled folders. I haven't seen any mention of mod_security in here. Neither in apache22 folder.

What happens if you use Ngnix as the web engine?
I have never used NGINX before, I don't think it is supported by Wikitrees. I can look into it though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.