Apache "graceful restart"

Currently reading
Apache "graceful restart"

I need to run some php scripts on my Synology. These scripts have a long exectution time, usually they (should) run for several hours.

I successfully increased php timeout limits in php settings and apache timeout limits via SSH in apache config.

However my apache server makes a "graceful restart" in every hour at the same minute, same second.
(for example: at 08:03:22, at 09:03:22, at 10:03:22, etc.) At the time of the "graceful restart" the execution of my php scripts stops and I get a 503 error message.

I've checked Apache logs and this is what I see in every hour at the same minute and seconds:

2022-01-10T11:03:22+01:00 NAS [Mon Jan 10 11:03:22.501531 2022] [mpm_worker:notice] [pid 32660:tid 140381531672576] AH00297: SIGUSR1 received. Doing graceful restart

What is "SIGUSR1", and how can I avoid Apach to receive it? (Apperantly the restart is not 'graceful' enough and my php scripts never survive.)

Thanks for all the helps!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.