APC SCL500RM1UC UPS with DS918+

Currently reading
APC SCL500RM1UC UPS with DS918+

Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
I would like to get this shallow rack mount APC for my upcoming home rack but don't know if the 918+ will detect when its on battery power and initiate a safe shutdown. I know there are some settings that need to be made in control panel>hardware & power after its connected. Any advise would be helpful.

I would like to get this shallow rack mount APC for my upcoming home rack but don't know if the 918+ will detect when its on battery power and initiate a safe shutdown. I know there are some settings that need to be made in control panel>hardware & power after its connected. Any advise would be helpful.
All APC models that I know of work with Syno NAS. Should be ok. Have you checked the compatibility page?

I didn't see this particular model. This is a rack mount UPS. I think most if not all that are listed on the compatibility page are floor standing.

I didn't see this particular model. This is a rack mount UPS. I think most if not all that are listed on the compatibility page are floor standing.
Indeed but some that I have seen work with Syno were apc rack. Can’t say for the model. Best way to be sure is to ask Syno support.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.