NAS
DS 718+, 2x-DS 720+
Router
  1. RT2600ac
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
(Search elsewhere turned up info on what I tried, that did prove it was accessible)….

I have loaned a NAS to relatives in another state. They are not computer savvy to help, and I’m self taught.

I did set up email on NAS so it would inform me of issues.
It just sent me an email saying 2 programs are out of date, but not which programs.
I have never tried accessing this NAS remotely.
I tried loading DS Manager Pro APP, and was successful in accessing, via QC and the admin login & password, but that doesn’t seem to allow full access to installed programs.
I suspect I’m using wrong APP or approach for what I want to accomplish.

Suggestions on what procedure or APP I should use to remotely access desktop to see and possibly update the installed program update status?
Thank You.

You do not need app, you can just quickconnect to the DS using the quickconnect link (as given in the quickconnect screen).
The login name (with attached role: like admin or whatever rights this user has) determines the permissions on the nas.
Admin has all permissions so you should not have an issue updating the packages.

All programs are under tab packages. On the top right you can tell the system to update all packages.

Last edited:
Thank You! I’m in now on another computer.
AV Essentials and SS Are the apps needing updating. I’m doing AV Essentials update now. All relatives are using A Custom SS Login. I’m a bit concerned on that update…
But if info can be found on it (8.2.9-6459) I can make a decision later.
Thanks. I had seen and documented that “Quickconnect.to/“ info before, but this is first time using it!! Many thanks
-- post merged: --

SS 8.2.9-6459 appears to be mainly for cameras with more enhanced features than mine. Fixed issues cover things not encountered by us yet. Holding off on that one for now.
Thanks again!

Not at all familiar with that, but thanks for info. Something else to examine!

DS215j can be a CMS client. Mine is.

Regarding third party administration applications: not sure why but I'd rather not use them. There's DS finder. Also, for administration tasks I'd connect to home first with a VPN tunnel then access DSM.
So I could run CMS on 720+, and connect to local 718+, and remote 215J. ???

Last edited:
Tried CMS on 720+... It works, but access to 718+ is blocked due to 718+'s custom firewall rules...
Seeing that I have access to 720+ & 718+ (and Router) via Sysnology Assistant already, and now have access to remote 215J via: (https:/Quickconnect.to/xmxmxmxm) CMS duplicates what's available now.... (And would need additional firewall rules)...

But Thank You for the education!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.