App launcher and sharing links with reverse proxy

Currently reading
App launcher and sharing links with reverse proxy

NAS
DS918+, DS214se
Operating system
  1. Windows
Hi

I have been running along fine with my reverse proxy setup for a while now so I have webmail.mydomain.com drive.mydomain.com photos.mydomain.com and sticking that in the URL takes me directly to the app.

However if I then try to use the app launcher (little icon with four squares top right in webmail) or if I try and share a link (either in photos or calendar) then it does not get the link right. It was defaulting to my synoname.synology.me DDNS name for those things. As I did not need DDNS I tried ditching that, but then it just started defaulting to the local IP address of the NAS instead, not much use for sharing.

If I go into my NAS via DSM with the main domain name and the port number, then it all works as expected but you get links like syno1.mydomain.com:0000/sharing/randomString which I would prefer to avoid.

At the moment I am taking my syno1.mydomain.com:0000/sharing/randomString and Ctrl+C Ctrl+V to get it to photos.mydomain.com/sharing/randomString which works, but I would prefer it if the NAS did this on its own.

Has anyone else come across this and got a solution?

Thanks

Hi Rusty, thanks for getting back to me. I have set up my reverse proxy following the tutorial on here Tutorial - Synology Reverse Proxy
Is that what you mean by "Synology's Login portal and NGINX" I don't really know what NGNIX is.

But I am think from your message it is in here
1635420941483.png

that I need to add my domain. Do I just stick mydomain.com in here (without the www) and then let the application portal decide whether to put photos or calendar on the front of it?
Thanks
Phil

Thats what I meant yes. Give that a go. The problem is that having QC or DDNS configured and used on the same device as your revers it will default to either QC or ddns when it starts to use "sharing" elements. I have that separated on multiple devices to RP is not the default one or on the device that runs DDNS and it defaults to my custom domain (as expected) when using sharing.

So try and add your domain there to make it a default one and hopefully DDNS link will not be used when "sharing" is in question.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.