NAS Compares Are NAS Drives Safe? Can You Trust Them With Your Data?

Currently reading
NAS Compares Are NAS Drives Safe? Can You Trust Them With Your Data?

Last edited by a moderator:

Can You Trust and Rely on a NAS Drive for Your Data in 2021?​

These days one of the most important things that we all strive to keep safe and sound is our data. The world has shifted towards a heavily data-influenced society and whether you like it or not, your data is valuable, vital to you and therefore needs to be protected. Over the years we have seen two very clear methods of ensuring your data is safe, namely those of utilizing internet-based cloud services (such as Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive and more), or using privately owned storage methods such as USB drives, localized PC storage and of course network-attached storage (NAS). Almost all of the previously mentioned storage methods are familiar to most home and business users, however, network-attached storage (although some 20-years old commercially) still remains a little bit more of an intimidating purchase for many. Costing noticeably more than most other independent storage methods on day one, many users want to know that purchasing a NAS is a reliable and dependable data storage backup system and is going to be safe and secure in the long-term. Although the number of terabytes, the speed of the system and the features it includes are incredibly important, today I want to really, REALLY focus on how secure a NAS drive really is. Below I have broken down 5 of the biggest concerns that new/first-time NAS drive buyers have before purchasing a server drive for home or business.

Continue reading...
- - -

Check out FREE NAS advice section on nascompares.com

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.