DS 718+, 2x-DS 720+
Router
  1. RT2600ac
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Last edited:
2 years ago ATT Buried Fibre along road going toward our house.

Once (If) it becomes available as a direct connection to our house, I realize one can use our own router in ‘bridge mode’.

Just nosy… Anyone using a Rt2600ac on ATT Fibre yet? Any comments?

Any problems with QC connections via apps?

Thank You!

2 years ago ATT Buried Fibre along road going toward our house.

Once (If) it becomes available as a direct connection to our house, I realize one can use our own router in ‘bridge mode’.

Just nosy… Anyone using a Rt2600ac on ATT Fibre yet? Any comments?

Any problems with QC connections via apps?

Thank You!
I use FTTH setup with my 2600AC router with my provider in Croatia and it works fine. I was even allowed a direct connection to my router so there is no "bridge" scenario with their router being connected to fiber and on the other end to my router. The result is the same as PPoE is again activated on my end, but still, one device less.

Upvote 0

Attachments

• 62AC2222-2530-4A16-9BA4-4AECF98EF21C.jpeg
    62AC2222-2530-4A16-9BA4-4AECF98EF21C.jpeg
    274.5 KB · Views: 26
Upvote 0
I’ve been using my RT2600ac for years now with ATT fiber. Great speeds, no slowdowns whatsoever and no big issues.
The only downside is that you have to use their (crappy) gateway modem/router on the front end to authenticate on the ATT network but it can be configured in bridge mode, and then it just becomes a pass-through modem.

Upvote 1
I’ve been using my RT2600ac for years now with ATT fiber. Great speeds, no slowdowns whatsoever and no big issues.
The only downside is that you have to use their (crappy) gateway modem/router on the front end to authenticate on the ATT network but it can be configured in bridge mode, and then it just becomes a pass-through modem.
Just curious, what is the model of your crappy ATT fiber gateway modem/router? I am about to get ATT fiber as well and I want to be prepared as I am also using the RT2600ac.

Upvote 0
I am in Canada and I have Gigabit Fibre from Telus. The rep got me to put their "modem" in bridge mode between the Nokia ONT and the 2600, which I did for about 1 day, but it caused a whole barrel of issues including spotty connection and IP address issues. Somehow that "bridge mode" isn't completely bridged. So I took their modem/router out of the equation completely, plugged the ONT directly into the 2600's WAN, and like magic, all issues went away.

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Back