DS209j | DS210j | DS410 | DS214 | DS216+II | DS916+ | DS920+
Router
  1. RT2600ac
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Hi,

overall I'm very happy with MailPlus Server. Once all is set up, it works very well (for >1yr now).
Lately I receive a lot of spam which is marked correctly as spam, but still I'd like to have a rule to delete them right a way when they exceed a certain spam-rate and just keep the low rated ones.
Does anyone have any idea how to set this up?

Thanks a lot,
paradeiser

Hi,

overall I'm very happy with MailPlus Server. Once all is set up, it works very well (for >1yr now).
Lately I receive a lot of spam which is marked correctly as spam, but still I'd like to have a rule to delete them right a way when they exceed a certain spam-rate and just keep the low rated ones.
Does anyone have any idea how to set this up?

Thanks a lot,
paradeiser
Hi,

I’m a member guilty of running Mail Server (not the plus) :)
Sorry, I don’t know of a way to do it. I (we) hardly receive any spam, maybe because our contacts are close netted and few at an early stage of a small project. Didn’t have the need to investigate a solution.

So you do have a lot of spam despite enabling SPF?

I do run MailPlus for quite some time now (after moving away from Google).

Unfortunately there is no option to auto-delete spam.

As @WST16 mentioned, check your SPF settings. You could even choose to reject softtail'ed e-mails.

You could also consider enabling greylisting. I've tried it just for the funz, but I didn't like it and switched it back off for a while. It sometimes took days before an e-mail comes in. Especially from big e-mail companies like Live.com, gmail, yahoo.com who have multiple DAG's of email servers over the world so the e-mail kept coming from different IP address, and thus resetting the greylisting cycle again..

Read more here: DiskStation Manager - Knowledge Base | Synology Inc.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Back