DS620slim, DS415+
Operating system
  1. Linux
  2. macOS
  3. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
  2. iOS
For what it is worth, with even more than the usual precautions, the SSD vs HDD boot disk comparison:

Interesting to see these statistics develop.
My average SSD age is with 4 years higher than Backblaze :) no failures here yet on the 6 that are in.

Two failures with the PC SSD in last 4 years, one relatively new NVME, and boy these get hot...

Unfortunately, so far I have not found one quality data report from BB, for which I would disgrace myself as a newcomer to teaching data analysis.

If nothing else, their stubborn use of the "average" metric is a completely amateur act. Maybe one day they'll point out that there are percentiles.

On the one hand, it's really nice that they're trying to share data. However, the result is unusable for an expert. Yes, suitable for the masses. Likes collectors.

My last review of the 1Q/2021 BB report is here:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.