Backup ALL NAS to cloud, no questions asked

Currently reading
Backup ALL NAS to cloud, no questions asked

Hi,

I'm looking for a cheap solution to back up my entire NAS (25TB) to a cloud storage.
So far, the only affordable solution I've found is Crashplan, but for some reason it gets a lot of hate from other users.
Other options:
  1. StorJ (S3 compatible)
    good solution, $4 TB/month, but they do charge per segment (a segment is 60kb of data), and it's unpredictable.
  2. Backblaze (S3 compatible)
    $5 TB/month. for my case it's $125/month though.
  3. MEGA: they haven't launched their S4 storage yet. With current solution it would be €75/month for 25TB.
  4. Synology C2: for 25TB it would be €6,199.69/year.
  5. pCloud, the offer lifetime packages which I already have, but there's no reliable solution for Synology, yet.
Has anyone found any solution for this?
Also, does anyone has experience with Crashplan ($10/month for unlimited data).

Thanks
Alex

Second what Mr. T says!
Other benefits: One can be your ‘main unit’, and other allows you to pre-test software packages, and other actions, so that once you get it going and fully tested, It can then be applied and made operational with the least down time or mistakes to do this on your ‘main NAS’.
That’s in addition to its duty as backup data location.
Also prevents data from being stored in an area you don’t have 100% control over. My $.02

Last edited:
Idrive 750$ for 50TB for first 2 years
Crashplan will only work on a PC or VM, NAS backup is not supported and 25TB from a NAS will probably fall outside the unlimited fair use policy.

If you need to restore infrequently, why not check out Amazon AWS Glacier Deep Archive?

Don't know where you are, but their default pricing is $1/TB per month.

The Synology pricing :LOL::LOL::LOL:

If you need to restore infrequently, why not check out Amazon AWS Glacier Deep Archive?

Don't know where you are, but their default pricing is $1/TB per month.

The Synology pricing :LOL::LOL::LOL:
But just hope you'll never need to retrieve much from it. If you need the whole 25TB, you'd be looking at several £/$000's, eg AWS Glacier Pricing - How to Calculate the Real Cost | Arq Backup

@Slewrate I've got to ask - 25TB in the cloud. Really? Care to share the details??

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.