Backup and enter Time Machine from outside of LAN

NAS
DS220j
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Hello,
I am not sure what exactly is LAN, but I mean I have my macbook in other wi-fi network than DS220j.
Or in more human words :) I mean situation that my DS220j is in New York home wi-fi network while I am with my macbook in Los Angeles in hotel wi-fi network.

Is there a way to use Time Machine in such situation?
"Use" I mean to be able to backup and entering into Time Machine.

If yes, could anyone help me to configure it in such way?

For any help great thanks in advance.

Best Regards

Keep in mind though that with the latency of a transcontinental connection, and even with great bandwidth, TM will feel very slow. There is a LOT of small packets with TM and you will notice an unmistakable sluggishness.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.