NAS
DS718+
Operating system
  1. Linux
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
  2. iOS
How can I access this directory from File Station, given that @docker is a hidden directory? Since this directory is hidden, how can I include it in the HyperBackup and Snapshot Replication services? Wouldn't using /volume1/@docker/volumes as the directory for storing all new volumes for containers be risky, as I wouldn't be able to back up the contents?

Last edited:
Synology has setup Container Manager to store its docker data in /volume1/@docker ... which has the benefit of hiding it from prying eyes.

However mapping container 'volumes' to folders in shared folders, accessible to File Station, is the way to get content permanence between container updates/resets and has the ability to back it up. You can do this in Container Manager, or Portainer, once you have first created your new folder. The default shared folder is docker in File Station. Though an example of how I used a different shared folder is shown in my FreshRSS resource (it was written referencing the earlier Docker package but the principles are the same).

Use bind volumes, and the CM Project feature. Hyper Backup can then backup the volumes, and with a copy of the project's YAML file, all is available for restoration. Keep it simple.

Synology has setup Container Manager to store its docker data in /volume1/@docker ... which has the benefit of hiding it from prying eyes.

However mapping container 'volumes' to folders in shared folders, accessible to File Station, is the way to get content permanence between container updates/resets and has the ability to back it up. You can do this in Container Manager, or Portainer, once you have first created your new folder. The default shared folder is docker in File Station. Though an example of how I used a different shared folder is shown in my FreshRSS resource (it was written referencing the earlier Docker package but the principles are the same).
I am sorry if it is a very noob question, for the past few hours have being going through freshrss resource, but unable to locate it. Can I request you to please share a link?

I am sorry if it is a very noob question, for the past few hours have being going through freshrss resource, but unable to locate it. Can I request you to please share a link?
Unable to locate what? The resource or that I use /volume1/system/docker/ to holder bind volumes for my containers? I created the shared folder at /volume1/system: mentioned in the 'Groundwork' section.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.