backup google photos on Synology

Currently reading
backup google photos on Synology

g'day - I'm very new to synology - in fact have just ordered the nas but haven't received it yet..... have been reading about various things though in preparation and there's one thing I want to do that I haven't been able to find any answers about

Basically - google Photos is and will always be my master copy of photos and videos - we have many differnet devices - all the family phones, cameras and other things feeding to google - and we use the sharing features heavily.

What I want on top of that is to have a live backup on the NAS - ie if a photo gets added to google photos, it appears on the nas within about 1/2 hour after that with no human intervention. It sounds simple enough, but I can't find anything on the net about doing it - I find lots of people talking about doing a once off dump from google, but none talking about a set-it-and-forget-it ongoing sync.

I know I can do it by just running the google drive/backup and sync app on one of my PCs - setting the photos to be backed up and pointing at the NAS as the location - but that seems a kludge and adds dependencies on another machine. is there any way of doing it directly from the NAS?

Thanks,
Darren

Cloud sync should be able to do the sync.
Remember, a sync is not a backup, if you mess up the original on google drive; your synced copy is messed up as well within half an hour.

I can't find any way to do it using cloud sync - cloud sync will sync _google drive_ - but photos and google drive have been separated for some time

I want to download my google photos with google take out then backup to the synology, then after deleting all my photos from google photos I want to backup my phone photos to the Synology each time I´m home, how can I do that? Using what features?

I´m not interested in viewing my photos or access them from my phone or computer, so, I dont need Synology Moments or anything like that, just want backup.

I want to download my google photos with google take out then backup to the synology, then after deleting all my photos from google photos I want to backup my phone photos to the Synology each time I´m home, how can I do that? Using what features?

I´m not interested in viewing my photos or access them from my phone or computer, so, I dont need Synology Moments or anything like that, just want backup.
DS File can do that

I'm currently unzipping a Google takeout at the moment after my first attempt resulted in lots of duplicates from all the album's, 270gig, took days to download and just as long to process.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.