Currently reading
Backup not restoring from C2?

NAS
DS918+
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Does anyone have any ideas why HyperBackup will not restore from C2? Each time I try I get operation failed. Local backups work fine.
Screenshot 2022-10-31 at 12.28.02.jpg

Screenshot 2022-10-31 at 12.28.17.jpg

Is that via HB Vault app, desktop app or the web ui?

Ok I see that you are using the HB desktop app. I have tried it just now, and it works fine, using all 3 methods.

Could be a temp problem with US side C2 maybe? Give it a go by accessing it over the web, and not the app, and take it from there.

App is slower then the web access, but it does work fine.

Upvote 0
Hmm the app still fails for me. The web portal does work fine. I hsd the same issue when I looked ot do a test restore last month. The DC is in Europe (Frankfurt IIRC). Worth reinstalling it do you think?

Upvote 0
Hmm the app still fails for me. The web portal does work fine. The DC is in Europe (Frankfurt IIRC). Worth reinstalling it do you think?
Aha so you re on Frankfurt as well. Well considering it works from the web, the problem is the app. One thing comes to mind and that would be permission for the HB app and its access towards the Documents folder (system preferences).

Do you have that enabled? If not, the download will fail and there will be no pop up window when pulling the file.

Screenshot 2022-10-31 at 17.43.46.png

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.