Backup of contacts and set up user roles

Currently reading
Backup of contacts and set up user roles

Hi all!

I found great package Synology contacts, but I have several uncleared questions before start using its.

1. How is it possible to set up roles for this package?
    1. User group 1 will just see contacts
    2. User group 2 can edit or add contacts
    3. user group 3 have full access.
  2. How is it possible to back up contacts?
    1. Snapshot package do only snapshots from /home/ folders and I read this data are stored in database
    2. Hyper backup doesn't allow backup volume where are installed packages.
I study base documentation, additional web pages and manual for admins but nowhere I didn't find answer to my inquiries.

In case of additional info is needed, I am ready to complete.

Any advice or workaround is strongly welcome.

How is it possible to set up roles for this package?
Look for the section on sharing an address book.

How is it possible to back up contacts?
Hyper Backup backs up applications: there is no associated shared folder for its data (this is stored outside in other locations on the volume), so just backup and to restore just include it when doing a HB restore.

Hi,

thanks for you answers and tips
I read a mentioned Knowledge Center and part about sharing too.
But my contacts options doesn't offer this option.
Screenshot 2023-10-31 at 09.52.51.png

Screenshot 2023-10-31 at 09.53.03.png

It's the same in Personal and Group address books. Logged user from screens is admin and have all access rights to everything in Synology (Lets says "Master of universe" on NAS...).

Meantime I find out how to back up only application without shared folders, because when I want backup all application Hyper Backup do backup from shared folder data too - and it have too many GB...

Easiest option should be made a Snapshot of volume where are applications installed, unfortunately only shared folders can be "snaphostted"...

So backup task is resolved and remain only question about contacts privileges set-up.

Well, it's probably some bug.
I uninstalled the package, restarted NAS and again installed Synology Contacts package.
Now SHARE option finally appears!
Strange, but now it works...

Thanks for help and support!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.