C2 Storage Backup of Hybrid Share folder

NAS
DS918+ x2, DS1621+
Operating system
  1. Windows
  2. other
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
I am (beta) testing hybrid share. I note the limitations on a single Hybrid Share folder per account which might be problem for me going forward.
In the meantime, I am looking for a viable way to back up a hybrid share folder because I would like my own off-site copy. Hyperbackup won't allow me to select a hybrid share folder as a source unless I also choose to back up to C2 backup cloud storage.
It seems to me that this is not a wise move in the event that Synology gets hit by some catastrophe, ransomware or whatever.
I have an off-site Synology NAS available as a target, but how to set up the backup? Suggestions, please!

I am (beta) testing hybrid share. I note the limitations on a single Hybrid Share folder per account which might be problem for me going forward.
In the meantime, I am looking for a viable way to back up a hybrid share folder because I would like my own off-site copy. Hyperbackup won't allow me to select a hybrid share folder as a source unless I also choose to back up to C2 backup cloud storage.
It seems to me that this is not a wise move in the event that Synology gets hit by some catastrophe, ransomware or whatever.
I have an off-site Synology NAS available as a target, but how to set up the backup? Suggestions, please!
Snapshot replication is also not possible, so atm that leaves HB to C2, or some custom rsync task, as Sync shared folders is also not an option.

Yes, my issue is that data entered into a hybrid share folder is only held on the file originator's NAS - and there could be multiple ones. The data isn't actually on any other NAS's hybrid share folder unless someone has viewed it and it still resides in cache.
Backup to C2 - also Synology - doesn't seem all that attractive to me.

Yes, my issue is that data entered into a hybrid share folder is only held on the file originator's NAS - and there could be multiple ones. The data isn't actually on any other NAS's hybrid share folder unless someone has viewed it and it still resides in cache.
Backup to C2 - also Synology - doesn't seem all that attractive to me.
Guessing Hybrid Share is then not for you. Maybe find some other solution with multiple nas on multiple locations without c2 HS service.

Unfortunately, rsync Shared Folder Sync does not give you the option to select a Hybrid Share Folder as a source either. :(
Yes, that's what I said. Not a lot of options apart from a custom rsync task job that will copy that data and back it up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.