Backup to my server via SFTP

Currently reading
Backup to my server via SFTP

Hi,

I'm new to Synology and Hyperbackup and would like to sync/backup my Photo Library from the NAS.

I rent some space from 1&1 Ionos, which is Linux based, so I can't user WebDAV, only SFTP. Is there any application I can have scdeduled within DSM?

Thanks

Hi,

I'm new to Synology and Hyperbackup and would like to sync/backup my Photo Library from the NAS.

I rent some space from 1&1 Ionos, which is Linux based, so I can't user WebDAV, only SFTP. Is there any application I can have scdeduled within DSM?

Thanks
Linux based? Any rsync support on that end?

If you have thousands photos then SFTP is really slow protocol for data transfer vs rsync (2x and more).
Rsync is basic feature in many of Linux distrutions. Write to Google search field “rsync” and name your distribution, the follow the recommendation steps

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.