Bad Sectors?

Currently reading
Bad Sectors?

sorry for your confusion... I was told in the thread earlier that I needed to be formatted in Btrfs which is not indicated in the Storage Manager as yours is. I am new enough at this but old enough to know I shouldn't click on something I don't know the consequences of. So I haven't scheduled a scrub. Are you saying I can?

Last edited:
Thanks... I was clueless as to how to do so... then I went back and poked around (carefully) as I was unaware there was an expanded section. I understand now and appreciate all your patience with my unlearned self. Indeed it is Btrfs formatted.

I have searched high and low. I have the replacement drive. Raid 1. My intentions to turn off the NAS and pop out drive 1 (bad sectors) and popping the new replacement drive.

I have read the Replace a Drive | DSM - Synology Knowledge Center page and frankly I can not find "Repair". or the icon .... (Image). Question from beginner: Will my Drive 2 re write to drive one all data and be back to normal by simply installing and re-powering up the Nas ?
Yup feel stupid again.
Rob

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-03-04 at 8.12.51 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-04 at 8.12.51 PM.png
    328.1 KB · Views: 8
I kept hunting. I took three screen shots. Perhaps someone could point out what I am not seeing?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-03-05 at 8.17.04 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-05 at 8.17.04 AM.png
    176.1 KB · Views: 9
  • Screen Shot 2022-03-05 at 8.15.06 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-05 at 8.15.06 AM.png
    182.5 KB · Views: 9
  • Screen Shot 2022-03-05 at 8.13.31 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-05 at 8.13.31 AM.png
    169.7 KB · Views: 10
I understand you are looking for the Repair option?
It is not there when there is no need for a repair. Your system is healthy.
Once you pull a disk and add the replacement, it should appear.

AH!... that makes sense! Thank you. Though it makes perfect sense a beginner is always unsure that if he goes ahead and tries something, he might really "screw the pooch". Reassurance is good.

Thrilled to announce that the "repair" is complete and back up. Again thanks to all who chimed in and helped a new NAS owner learn up and calm down. This forum serves vital service and I am very glad I found it. Wish I knew more to help others.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Back