NAS
DS716+
Router
  1. MR2200ac
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
I'm having a very baffling inconsistent issue with using some mobile apps and QuickConnect.

I can connect normally with Photos Mobile and DS File from my iPhone using QuickConnect but for unknown reasons, I cannot use DS Get or VPN to connect to my Synology DS716+ with the same QuickConnect ID. I've tried the QuickConnect name alone (which is how Photos and DS File are able to connect normally) as well as with full <QuickConnectID.synology.me>. It just doesnt make sense why some apps can connect and some cannot. SOme can connect with HTTPS enabled while other s can only connect with HTTPS disabled in the Mobile app.

I also have my Synology configured with NordVPN. I have tried with both VPN active and disabled and the two apps that can connect with QuickConnect normally and those that cant is the same behavior.

• DS File (connects with QuickConnect and HTTPS enabled)
  • Photos Mobile (connects with QuickConnect and HTTPS enabled)
  • DS Video (connects with QuickConnect but only with HTTPS disabled)
  • DS Audio (refuses to connect at all saying fails to connect to Synology NAS check connection or the IP)
  • DS Get (fails to connect claiming Download Station is not installed even though it is and I can connect to it when I'm on the same local network)
As you can see there's a lot of inconsistency and no rhyme or reason. What am I missing here?

After days of searching, I finally found the fix for this.

In Security, TLS/SSL level, do not choose Modern, change to Intermediate. Tada QuickConnect and HTTPS now work from Mobile apps.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.