DS1515+
Operating system
  1. macOS
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Last edited:
Hello All

Windows 10 physical machine currently has a 256Gb SSD drive. Would like to use active backup bare metal restore to restore to a new larger 1Tb SSD.
I know you can restore to a larger drive, but would you be able to restore the required partition to a larger partition when doing the restore?

For example, current 256Gb SSD contains 3 partitions, 10Gb, 230Gb, 16Gb ... can I restore to a larger 1Tb SSD and have these 3 partitions: 10Gb, 970Gb, 16Gb?

I think you can, but you have to resize the partions with a dedicated tool after the copy. Not sure but I think the windows disk partion manager can do this, otherwise you have to find another tool.

Most people would just clone the full disk and resize at the same time using partition magic, acronis, easeUS or the like. But for sure you would need two m.2 (or sata) in the pc.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.