Currently reading
C2 Storage BE WARNED - Synology Hybrid share

NAS
DS920+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Just wanted to let everyone know to be quite wary of Hybrid share...

I had a Dropbox folder that was cloud synced to maintain, update and remove my Dropbox setup so that I could access it from my PC and from outside my network. In my inifinte (lack of) wisdom, I decided to create a Hybrid share to try remove the physical drive space being used to save space.

Well, what a bl...y disaster! It seems the hybrid share has "trapped"/locked my files so I can never move them out the Hybrid folder back into another folder, or even on to my PC, and if I delete my Hybrid share, bye bye data..

Just wanted to warn others thinking of using this, perhaps rather stay away :D

I really can't say that I have had similar experience with HS. Maybe open a ticket with Syno and see what they have to say about it.
Yeah, I have. Managed to get my data off that HS and get rid of it safely.

Just wanted to warn others :)

It would be helpful to others if you can explain exactly how you were able to get the data off HS? What did you have to do?
Sorry!

I just restarted the NAS a few times and copied folder by folder until I safely had everything then disconnected the HS.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.