Operating system
  1. macOS
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Last edited:
Hi fellows :)

Are there any benefits to connect NAS to my current shared hosting provider in another country ? Is it possible to download my mail there at the host to my NAS ?

Currently I have the following services on my shared hosting provider :
1. Webhosting my blog, this is the original service that brought me to the shared hosting world !
2. Email , about 10 users
3. Nextcloud, 5 users maximum
4. RSS reader now defunct :rolleyes:

It is planned to host a group chat on the NAS, like for example Rocket.chat server.

Is it any practical to offload services to my NAS and let only the webhosting with the shared hosting provider ?
What are the costs on me ? Learning to setup these services myself is not that easy I assume. Effor also included securing and hardening of course but is this possible as a one time setup and then periodic monitoring every week or so, for example ?

Many questions, I know :sneaky:
Best regards

As a quick reply, it is possible and not that complicated or demanding. Chat, and other various service can be hosted on the nas, why not but it will come down to the exact model of your nas as well as your Internet speeds (depending how much users you are looking to serve)

I plan to buy a DS920+ as recommended before in the forum. The volume will be built on 2x 10TB HDDs in SHR equivalent to RAID 5 And my home connection is a fibre (FTTH) of upto 200 Mbbs.

I plan to buy a DS920+ as recommended before in the forum. The volume will be built on 2x 10TB HDDs in SHR equivalent to RAID 5 And my home connection is a fibre (FTTH) of upto 200 Mbbs.
Nice. I see no problems then. Just a pointer. SHR with 2 drives will be raid1 (mirror). For raid5 shr setup you need 3 or more drives.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.