NAS Compares Best 4-Bay NAS Drive to Buy in 2020

Currently reading
NAS Compares Best 4-Bay NAS Drive to Buy in 2020

Which 4-Bay NAS Should you Buy in 2020

With the growth of popularity in Network Attached Storage (NAS) many users who are even the tiniest bit familiar with data storage will want to ensure that their NAS server is providing a good balance of storage space and power. A Good, solid NAS is an investment and most users want it to be serviceable for between 3-5 years at the very least. It is therefore unsurprising that NAS buyers who are thinking long-term will consider a four-bay NAS, that is a device that can hold upto 4 Hard Drives or SSD for storage. A 4-Bay NAS has certain advantages over it’s smaller and larger variants. Such as:

• Much better RAID options than smaller 2-Bay NAS to ensure data safety with redundancy
  • Much better hardware options that more compact 2-Bay NAS options
  • Much larger total capacity options than 2-Bay NAS devices
  • Much better hardware VS price than larger 6 and 8-Bay NAS devices
  • Better scalability and pricing than both smaller and larger NAS as you can often increase storage, memory and more gradually over time, thereby spreading hardware costs over the years
  • Almost always a better Price Per Gigabyte/Terabyte than 2-Bay devices after RAID

Continue reading...
- - -

Check out FREE NAS advice section on nascompares.com

Since I'd never get approval I haven't investigated this: how noisy* would a NAS be if it has to be close enough to TV and Hi-Fi gear to be attached by HDMI and/or RCA (Phono) cables?

I guess the units with direct connectivity could have a long-run cable but for HDMI I think there's a limit and phono cables will need shielding.

*current TV is an old Panasonic plasma G10 from 2009 with 3 (I think) fans that can be heard about 1 metre away when running. But not over the surround system :)

my DS1019+ sits behind my TV (on the floor) and you can't hear it unless you really really try to hear it (and that's with everything else turned off).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.