best suggested use for upgraded 4Tb drives

Currently reading
best suggested use for upgraded 4Tb drives

NAS
DS918
I have started running out of room on my DS918+ because of Security Station in addition to other regular server files etc... Started with 4 4Tb drives and have now added 2 10Tb drives. Looking for suggestions of what to do with the old drives. Get a used expansion unit ? I have a few 2 TB drives too. Maybe a 10 bay expansion unit? Thanks for ideas

I have started running out of room on my DS918+ because of Security Station in addition to other regular server files etc... Started with 4 4Tb drives and have now added 2 10Tb drives. Looking for suggestions of what to do with the old drives. Get a used expansion unit ? I have a few 2 TB drives too. Maybe a 10 bay expansion unit? Thanks for ideas
Personally I would avoid an expansion. It will cost almost the same as a stand-alone unit but it can never function as one. So all in all, if you are looking into putting some more money into a NAS enclosure, get a new separate NAS box imho.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.