Best way to backup part of the disk1 to disk2

Currently reading
Best way to backup part of the disk1 to disk2

DS218J user here. Two bay NAS. I've got a 2TB drive in each of them, lets call it disk1 and disk2.

Now there are some folders in disk1 that I would like to be synced to disk2.

By sync, i meant preferably any changes i've made to those folders will be instantly replicated to disk2, instead of a periodic backup schedule.

Please let me know which app you recommend for this.

100% instant replication is just about RAID1, but you need just some folders for the “instant backup”.
Be aware:
replication is not backup.
Backup: you can setup from Hyper Backup.

There is another possible solution, but you have to use Btrfs file system on your discs = possible re-format your discs (if you use etx fs). The solution is called: Snapshot replication.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.