DSM 7.0 Best way to downgrade DSM 7 to DSM 6.2.3 (DS920+ NAS)

Currently reading
DSM 7.0 Best way to downgrade DSM 7 to DSM 6.2.3 (DS920+ NAS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
NAS
DS920+
Router
  1. RT6600ax
Operating system
  1. Linux
  2. macOS
  3. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Hi peeps,

I been using last DSM beta for my 920+ Nas, but i would like to dowgrade to DSM 6,2,3

What is the best way to downgrade without data lose (i have plex media)?

Is there anyway to re-install DSM 6.2.3 without removing files?

Thank you :)

Unfortunately, not even removing the files will allow you to downgrade. You‘re stuck with it.

Is there any way to re-install DSM v6 without removing plex media files?
As @WST16 said, officially you are stuck with DSM7 atm. There are unofficial ways to downgrade and in most cases, you will be able to continue to use your apps as normal. Still, saying that, be prepared for some potential problems in general.

Slightly off-topic: can you run Virtual DSM 6.2.3 in Virtual Machine Manager on DSM 7? I guess not.

I've update a lightly used DS215j to DSM 7 beta and for what it's doing, mostly DSM build-in features, I feel it works well. Of course I've not loaded it with packages that are being used all the time so haven't a feel for bugs and quirks. @ThinkYEAH what in the DSM 7 beta makes you want to rollback to DSM 6?

Status
Not open for further replies.