Currently reading
Best way to sync files between computer and NAS

NAS
DS420+, DS213J, DS211J
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
I have a DS211J that I have had for several years that has copied the files on the computer to the NAS using DS files I think the app was called.

Now I have reinstalled my NAS from the beginning to DSM 6.2.4 and then this server is not in the package center any more.

I read that this has been replaced by Synology Drive server and client.
And this is not available to install as they seem to have decided that DS211J is no longer supported.

Can you find and install the old DS file server package or whatever it was called, can you get hold of this somehow?

Or is it possible in some other way to synchronize the files on the computer to this NAS and preferably as a previous backup of photos from the phone?

I have 2 newer NAS where this works, but it would be fun to also use older hardware for something useful.

Thanks in advance
Peter Bark

Welcome to the forum.

This is a mobile app, so I guess this is not what you had in mind.

Something replaced by Drive in the past was Cloud Station package but not sure why this would be needed of file copy from your computer to the NAS.

It is true that Drive server is not supported on any model older then x13 series.

The following link Synology Archive Download Site - Index of /download/Package will offer all packages but if you have updated to DSM 6.x on that model, then you will not see the package in your Package Center.

Try and install it manually, but also be prepared that you might need to downgrade DSM before this could work.

Downgrade is NOT officially supported and should be avoided at all cost if possible.

I'm sure that there might be a different way to satisfy your current needs in regards to data transfer.

Welcome to the forum.

This is a mobile app, so I guess this is not what you had in mind.

Something replaced by Drive in the past was Cloud Station package but not sure why this would be needed of file copy from your computer to the NAS.

It is true that Drive server is not supported on any model older then x13 series.

The following link Synology Archive Download Site - Index of /download/Package will offer all packages but if you have updated to DSM 6.x on that model, then you will not see the package in your Package Center.

Try and install it manually, but also be prepared that you might need to downgrade DSM before this could work.

Downgrade is NOT officially supported and should be avoided at all cost if possible.

I'm sure that there might be a different way to satisfy your current needs in regards to data transfer.
Thanks for quick reply.

I've probably confused a few things or missed some setting.
I saw in the computer that it asked me to update my client to Synology Drive client when I connected it to another NAS with DSM 7 and it works fine now.

I'll look into this tonight when I get home.

Many thanks for the help.

Hello
Cloud station is not in package center. Cloud server only.
I see that there are files to download, I would need help with which file to choose.
I have been trying to find which CPU I have in this DS211J and which package I can use.
If I could get help with this I would be grateful.
1677496361393.png

Regards
Peter

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.