Bind Download Station to one of my 4 DS1513+ ip addresses?

Currently reading
Bind Download Station to one of my 4 DS1513+ ip addresses?

NAS
DS1513+
I've been pretty happy using Download Station for bittorrent, but I've wondered if I could get better seeding performance if I bound DS to one specific IP (the one my router routes connection requests on the incoming port to).

In the control panel, I've selected that IP as the top selection under Network-> Network Interface-> Service Order.

Under Info Center-> Service I've tried to 'Enable' only one LAN interface for Download Station, but it seems to enable or disable for all LAN interfaces at once - no granularity that I've been able to manipulate.

Am I missing some configuration option somewhere in DSM or maybe through a command line option that I could make stick through reboots and upgrades?

Is there a benefit to doing this performance-wise?

Is the general thinking that it's better to just run a Docker based bittorrent client (I know the IP address settings are more granular that way, at least)? While I like Docker, I'm not a big fan of the upgrade procedures (or lack thereof), and it feels like a (admittedly slightly increased) risk using one of those containers to provide a WAN facing service.

Thanks for any help or thoughts on this. I'll probably try the Synology communities as well, but I hate what they've turned their forum into (went the way of Ubiquiti, unfortunately).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.