BitWarden - password manager (bitwardenrs/server image)

Currently reading
BitWarden - password manager (bitwardenrs/server image)

I have the bitwardners/server image up and running (I used the bitwardenrs/server tutorial). I'm able to access it by my internal ip: port number. However when I try to create my account via the web page I get the following error after I press the submit button "An error has occurred, An unexpected error has occurred" and it just remains on the create account page.

Any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks, yeah, I looked at the "Log" but there were no errors shown.

Attachments

• Log Screen Shot .png
    Log Screen Shot .png
    88.8 KB · Views: 43
Thanks, yeah, I looked at the "Log" but there were no errors shown.
Hello,
Are you sure that there's nothing more under these lines ?
If you have set an admin token then try to check the admin page (https://your.bitwardenrs.url/admin) and then go back to the logs see if it logs something more and also check in the admin page that in general settings the "Allow new signups" is checked then try again and check the logs

1588947859622.png

Hi,
Thanks for the suggestion. I enabled the admin page, "Allow new signups" was checked however I did press the "Reset defaults" button. Nothing on the page changed...but it must have done something as I am now able to create a new account and log in.

Thanks @Rusty for pointing it, for sure once you have successfully registered your user, may uncheck the "Allow new signups" box

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.