BitWarden - self hosted password manager using vaultwarden/server image

Docker BitWarden - self hosted password manager using vaultwarden/server image

Currently reading
Docker BitWarden - self hosted password manager using vaultwarden/server image

Last edited:
And log in with device in previous version as well (that I totally missed).

Depends on your revers proxy platform. Here are the lists of configurations coming in the upcoming 1.31 version where this will be a "breaking change".

Proxy example (updated): Proxy examples

Breaking changes discussion: ⚠️[NOTE] BREAKING CHANGE in upcoming v1.31.0 stable version · dani-garcia/vaultwarden · Discussion #4023
As you’re an Apple guy, I’m trying with Safari on my iMac 2017 13.x, but doesn’t seem to open the bitwarden passkey but always defaulting to iCloud Keychain do you know how to fix that?

EDIT: Works fine in Chrome on the same iMac

As you’re an Apple guy, I’m trying with Safari on my iMac 2017 13.x, but doesn’t seem to open the bitwarden passkey but always defaulting to iCloud Keychain do you know how to fix that?

EDIT: Works fine in Chrome on the same iMac
Considering I do not use Chrome, I have tested passkey yesterday (didn't had time to edit the resource yet) and BW was intercepting creation and login via passkey with 0 issue via Safari.

Hi guys. According to Bitwarden/Vaultwarden - I need to update the KDF settings as I still haven't done it.
What parameters are recommended? After I will do it, will have to re-login with all my client devices (web browser add-on, mobile app, etc.) or restart vaultwarden container, or will it just continue to work as it is, without any additional steps?
Thank you very much.

Hi guys. According to Bitwarden/Vaultwarden - I need to update the KDF settings as I still haven't done it.
What parameters are recommended? After I will do it, will have to re-login with all my client devices (web browser add-on, mobile app, etc.) or restart vaultwarden container, or will it just continue to work as it is, without any additional steps?
Thank you very much.
600k should be fine. Relogin will be enough on all devices, no reboot needed.

No username no password type of login. On supported sites, atm only BW browser extension supports it. Mobile i desktop app coming later on.
OK, understand. So probably, Google, Facebook and similar, then soon more web services and sites - whoever implements passkey login mechanism, right? Do you think it's more safe/secured than conventional methods (username+pass+2FA/mobile app authenticator)? What if someone gains the access to your bitwarden account, isn't then standard login combined with 2FA safer?

What if someone gains the access to your bitwarden account, isn't then standard login combined with 2FA safer?
If we could leave this thread for BW operations and changes but be sure to open a topic on this matter. I'm sure people would like to learn/comment on it for sure. Excellent opening question!

If by new functionality you mean passkeys and login with device, then they are already available and working well.
I use them everyday through DSM Reverse Proxy

I still miss passkeys in desktop client and mobile to completely remove anything from iCloud Keychain and only use BW

Getting closer: I'm up to date. I'm trying to get "log in with device" to work.
On my phone, I have "Use this device to approve login requests" turned on.
When I attempt to "log in with device" from my PC, it sends the request to the phone, and the phone receives the request, and shows the correct fingerprint. When I select the login request on the phone, and "Confirm login," though, I'm not logged in on the PC. The bitwarden plugin on the PC just asks if I want to re-send the request.
I feel like I've nearly got this...

Sorry no idea. May be you could share the results of your diagnostic page (remove personal information before)

Thanks- here it is.
1699786115585.png

Looks like similar to my setup.

I do not know if it can help but here is my DSM Reverse Proxy configuration :

1699786732459.png

Hey guys. Something strange happens, so I'll rather ask...
This week (on Tuesday) I changed the admin token to that one more secure and generated. But today I again see that warning text on a yellow background. Where could be a problem? I tried to clear chache and cookies, but still the same.

1699808266769.png

When I go to my vaultwarden web portal, it seems to be configured correctly, or am I wrong? (See teh screenshot below):
1699808638334.png

Should I do the whole procedure (generating new admin token) again?

Btw. when I do the admin diagnostics, I see few red errors. Why is it:
1699808893944.png

Is there something specific to be configured in my docker container environment, or in DSM Reverse Proxy section for my vaultwarden instance to get rif of these red errors?

Thanks.

Hey guys. Something strange happens, so I'll rather ask...
This week (on Tuesday) I changed the admin token to that one more secure and generated. But today I again see that warning text on a yellow background. Where could be a problem? I tried to clear chache and cookies, but still the same.

View attachment 13908

When I go to my vaultwarden web portal, it seems to be configured correctly, or am I wrong? (See teh screenshot below):
View attachment 13909
Should I do the whole procedure (generating new admin token) again?

Btw. when I do the admin diagnostics, I see few red errors. Why is it:
View attachment 13910

Is there something specific to be configured in my docker container environment, or in DSM Reverse Proxy section for my vaultwarden instance to get rif of these red errors?

Thanks.

More secure -> Argon2 , right ?
I see in your config that your settings are overridden by environnement variables. Do you store ADMIN token in an env variable ?

More secure -> Argon2 , right ?
I see in your config that your settings are overridden by environnement variables. Do you store ADMIN token in an env variable ?
Aahhh, you're right. I have it stored in environment - as I forgot it, there is the old one. Should I update it there to my recent admin token, or remove it from environment completely?

Right now my environment looks like this. Any recommendations what to chande/add/remove?
Thank you.
1699811017530.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Trending threads

Back