Blank DSM Login Screen when using DSM Reverse Proxy

NAS
DS1520+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Greetings.

As a new user, I have set up everything I wanted to with some excellent tutorials from mostly members here and I am 99% done. I am just being haunted by one thing:

I used @Rusty tutorials for Let's Encrypt + Docker = wildcard certs & Synology Reverse Proxy.

Sonarr, Radarr etc works fine using the reverse proxy. However, if I set up a reverse proxy to go to DSM is works fine for 1 or 2 times where I am able to get to the login screen. Thereafter if I try, it shows the DSM logo on the tab but the page is just white/blank?

I have seen other people posting on similar problems with Apache Proxy Server etc. but can't figure out how to fix it.

If you can shed some light, I will really appreciate it.

Greetings.

As a new user, I have set up everything I wanted to with some excellent tutorials from mostly members here and I am 99% done. I am just being haunted by one thing:

I used @Rusty tutorials for Let's Encrypt + Docker = wildcard certs & Synology Reverse Proxy.

Sonarr, Radarr etc works fine using the reverse proxy. However, if I set up a reverse proxy to go to DSM is works fine for 1 or 2 times where I am able to get to the login screen. Thereafter if I try, it shows the DSM logo on the tab but the page is just white/blank?

I have seen other people posting on similar problems with Apache Proxy Server etc. but can't figure out how to fix it.

If you can shed some light, I will really appreciate it.
Probably not an RP issue.

Upvote 0
log into your nas via ssh and go to /var/log/nginx/error and see if there are any errors that might point to a problem with this.

Also, if it works 1-2 times then it probably is not the RP that's the problem here. How is your DSM login configured via RP in the 1st place?

Upvote 0
log into your nas via ssh and go to /var/log/nginx/error and see if there are any errors that might point to a problem with this.

Also, if it works 1-2 times then it probably is not the RP that's the problem here. How is your DSM login configured via RP in the 1st place?
I logged in with ssh and could get to /var/log/nginx but not further?

At Cloudflare DNS I made an Aname entry to my ddns address. My DSM login is configured with the inbuilt RP of Synology:

Screenshot 2021-07-09 133433.png

I also found this thread on the same issue: Accessing synology DSM behind nginx reverse proxy

Upvote 0
Last edited:
@Rusty I have sent you a PM with some reports from browsers. Thanks
-- post merged: --

@Rusty I have turned off Auto Minify in Cloudflare and it now seems to work. Thank you very much for all your patience with me. 😊

EDIT: Still not 100% but I suspect that it is some or other setting on Cloudflare. Please still have a look at the logs I sent and let me know your thoughts.

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.