Solved Block access to router over internet? (Just access via VPN)

Currently reading
Solved Block access to router over internet? (Just access via VPN)

NAS
DS1621+, DS1019+, DS218+
Operating system
  1. Linux
  2. macOS
  3. other
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
I have SSL VPN running on my RT2600ac router, and created an SSL certificate for it using a domain name I own via Control Panel > Services > Certificate ( vpn.mydomainname.com ).

That works fine, but I also noticed that my router can be accessed externally using that domain name ( vpn.mydomainname.com:8001 ).
Is there a way to be able to use the VPN to access my local network while away from home without my router being accessible externally from the internet?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Similar threads

MR2200ac Block vpn access
Is your son still using the vpn on the wifi, or going straight out on mobile broadband connection? if the...
Replies
Views
Since last week, Geo Firewall is broken (again) for me. Is anyone else experiencing issues? I configured...
Replies
Views
On the SATA SSD or M2 drives for TP on the 3x 2600’s, I used Velcro strips to isolate drive chassis from...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Many IOT with fixed position in house seem to struggle to connect to the nearest AP. I solved it by...
Replies
Views
On a Windows 10 Enterprise in Edge browser when I try to enter Safe Access it says the same, just more...
Replies
Views
  • Question
User defined Destination NAT (DNAT) /Source NAT (SNAT) is what is needed. My last router had this and...
Replies
Views
Could be a cached DNS resolution, rebooting would definitely flush out the router's cache. In UK...
Replies
Views

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Back