BluRay Player

Currently reading
BluRay Player

Of course, iTunes DRM media won't play in non-Apple players, but I don't have much of that stuff.
This is probably the issue. I bought some Blu-Ray discs that came with free downloads from either iTunes or Vudu and I chose iTunes. So it sounds like what I really need to do is just rip from the discs instead of trying to use the iTunes version, yes?
-- post merged: --

Easy enough to do without loss...

Code:
ffmpeg -i "path/to/file.m4v" -c:v copy -c:a copy "path/to/file.mkv"

Or drag m4v files into MKVToolNix and "start" multiplexing.

Near "instant" conversion.
Oh, I’ll have to try this! Thanks!

Last edited:
I bought an external LaCie BR built for MAC, & used it on W7-64 System eons ago, and it still works!
If laptop, check to see if a replacement BR/RW is available… It was on my Dell XPS and it also still works.
A Neighbor has a BR/RW that connects via USBV3 connection. Don’t know about mfg.
Shouldn’t be too hard to find

A decent BR should play back a DVD better than a DVD could, and up-convert it better, too.

3rd party players are used successfully on both the Systems here.

Lastly, years ago firmware on these units updated frequently. Lately not so much.

To pivot the topic slightly, what are people's method for taking an BluRay disk image copy? Ideally Mac or Linux as a preference over Windows.

Pondering various apps, but wondering how a straight 'dd'-style command would be in comparison.
for copyrighted blu ray this is not something that should be discussed here.

To pivot the topic slightly, what are people's method for taking an BluRay disk image copy? Ideally Mac or Linux as a preference over Windows.

Pondering various apps, but wondering how a straight 'dd'-style command would be in comparison.
Many people use MakeMKV for making rips of their non-copyrighted Blu-Ray disks for personal use on a NAS. It's available for both WIndows and Mac.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Back