BookStack - a platform to create documentation/wiki content built with PHP & Laravel

Docker BookStack - a platform to create documentation/wiki content built with PHP & Laravel

Currently reading
Docker BookStack - a platform to create documentation/wiki content built with PHP & Laravel

NAS
DS418play
Router
  1. RT2600ac
  2. MR2200ac
Operating system
  1. macOS
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
wwwampy submitted a new resource:

Bookstack - a platform to create documentation/wiki content built with PHP & Laravel - Bookstack is a free and open source Wiki designed for creating beautiful documentation.

This tutorial is mostly for newcomers and those that are not so familiar with the Docker. I'm not an expert, but I want to share my installation as a tutorial to help others. Feel free to comment in the discussion section of this resource.

In this tutorial, we are going to use this Docker build for Heimdall: linuxserver/bookstack

Official site:

Before...

Read more about this resource...

I will definitely give it a try since I'm a long time user of DS Note and facing text formatting issues for quite a long time, when synchronizing between the Android App and Windows Client.

v0.27.4-ls60

LinuxServer Changes:
Use old version of tidyhtml pending upstream fixes.

bookstack Changes:
This release contains the following features and updates:

-----

Download a new image and update the container.

v0.27.4-ls62

LinuxServer Changes:

bookstack Changes:
This release contains the following features and updates:
-----

v0.27.5-ls63

LinuxServer Changes:

bookstack Changes:
This release contains the following fixes and updates:
  • Fixed overlapping text on book sort box. (#1654)
  • Fixed issue where comments could not be deleted. (#1650)
  • Improved the logic used to animate slide-up/slide-down sections to help prevent them getting stuck. (#1643)
-----

Hi, just tried to install and configure the appropriate docker container but could not start it.

I've experience with docker already, running about 10 of them on my DS916+, but could not figure out why this one fails so far.
The docker log tells me:
Code:
nc: getaddrinfo: Name does not resolve
nothing more. I guess this is an issue with the database host cause this is the only environment var that must be resolved, I assume.

Some more info: I've created a database called bookstack on my NAS with MariaDB 10 using phpMyAdmin and added the env var DB_HOST: <ip_of_nas>:3307 before running the container. Of course I've additionally added a DB_PASS and DB_USER, too.

The container and the database are running on the same NAS as you might guess from the lines above.

Maybe sbdy knows why this fails?

Thanks,
Michael

Hi,

yes, I've even tried without port to no avail either. All mentioned vars are set.

However, I must have been blind ;) because this log entries did not do anything!
I simply should have been more patient, because after a while and carefully watching the log, I now can access main page of bookstack and log in!

Hence, thanks for your reply - all runs well now!

Btw, perhaps you should mention on your tutorial that the initial password is password and the e-mail address for the admin user is [email protected]. I've found this information somewhere.

Thank you,
Michael

Glad it works for you now. Yes, when you start a container sometimes you need to wait a bit longer for everything to set up.

Btw, perhaps you should mention on your tutorial that the initial password is password and the e-mail address for the admin user is [email protected]. I've found this information somewhere.
Yes, it's on the Docker site, but I've added it on the overview page for this resource too.

Cheers!

Anybody knows whether Bookstack can authorize against Synology Directory Server?

Maybe I've already found an answer here, however I do not know how to set this up on my DS.

Hi all, I'm having problems getting this working on my synology. I'm running the synology MariaDB 10 database. I have an empty db called bookstack w/ a user called bookstack. Everything looks OK, but it simply won't connect to the db. Below is my config and further down is the error i'm getting. Any help is very much appreciated!

1593894761821.png

1593892232581.png

That should help indeed. Personally I use ip_port in DH_HOST variable and its working just fine with no DB_CONNECTION variable. It is interesting that most users have problems with docker image that need to use mariadb hosted as a bare metal install via Package Center

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.