BT Search Providers

Currently reading
BT Search Providers

NAS
DS1515+, DX213.
I used to use Download Station for snagging the odd file or two. Lately it never works, nothing is ever found.

I think this is mostly due to my ISP actively blocking such content. I'm afraid it's all part of the UK Government's push to censor and control everything we do online.

However, there's a user from the old Synology forum, that created a website with updated BT search providers. We had a lengthy discussion over there, at the time. Trying to get DS to work. You can download and add them as you see fit.

Here's the link to his site....

Download Station Plug-ins

They always managed to break the bloomin' thing, every time they updated it!

I've just tried it on mine, using a free open VPN, and it now finds loads of files. So as I suspected, it's ISP blocking that's the real problem.

I've just tried it on mine, using a free open VPN, and it now finds loads of files. So as I suspected, it's ISP blocking that's the real problem.
I’m still using Synology’s DS Get. I know, it died a long time ago (for iOS at least), but I keep resurrecting the iOS .ipa file and passing it to my new iOS devices.
It’s still working but I don’t know what I’m going to do when an iOS update kills it. A matter of time.

I don’t have VPN enabled for my DiskStations— I like living on the edge :)
I enable VPN on my iPad and log DS Get to the DiskStation locally using the IP address.

Browsing and searching go over VPN (iPad), any links, magnet links or torrent files are passed to the Download Station via DS Get over LAN.
I can’t even recall what download station looks like. I know it’s doing the heavy lifting in the background on the DS.

I find this very convenient.
Maybe you can work something like that for your situation if it’s at all applicable.

Just a heads up, that nice fellow I mentioned (in the first post of this thread). Has updated many of the search providers and uploaded them to his site. (Linked in the 1st post).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.