Currently reading
Budget NAS for a small school backup?

NAS
DS220+, DS918+, RS1219+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Got into a discussion with my mom about how the school she works at has zero backups at all. It is a small private elementary school on a tight budget. What's the least expensive Synology NAS that we "should" buy? Primary use would be for backup of about 7-10 computers. There would probably be very little need for off-LAN access at this point. Would basically be looking to backup teacher/staff computers once a day whenever they are in range of the school's LAN. I know what the value-series NAS are, but I don't know if they would be too cheap to backup potentially sensitive student and school info? What backup package would you recommend for such an environment?

Recommend Synology to them. It is probably the best NAS company out there. When it comes to ease-of-use its the winner.

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.