Bulk Importing Photos to Moments

Currently reading
Bulk Importing Photos to Moments

Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Hey everyone,

I'm fairly new to working with a NAS and just bought my first Synology so please bear with me.

Currently, I'm trying to import a large folder with all my photo albums and meta data from Google Photos into Moments. At first I tried File Station but there is an upload limit and it was painfully slow.
I read on a forum that if I moved the albums into the Moments folder, the NAS would slowly start to index the files. So far this has not been the case.

Any assistance would be appreciated. Let me know if I need to provide more details.

Thank you.

~Douglas

Just an advice. Considering that you are starting fresh you might want to update to dsm 7 for the long run. In that case Moments is gone and replaced with Photos.

Just an idea considering that DSM7 is the end game here
Thanks Rusty!

Is DSM 7 still in Beta? I was wondering if it would prompt me to upgrade or if thats something I have to do manually.

You make a good point. I will look into it.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-07-11 at 3.46.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-11 at 3.46.05 PM.png
    70.4 KB · Views: 15
Awesome! I successfully upgraded to DSM 7. Now my QuickConnect no longer works. I heard you have to sign into your Synology account first but I cannot find the QuickConnect settings anymore. Synology Photos has rendered a handful of files from the photos folder. Less than .5% in the course of 48 hrs. Im not sure if its still indexing or not?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.