CalDigit Connect 10G

NAS
DS1819+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Last edited:
I bought the CalDigit Connect 10G, and I have the 10 GbE card in the NAS. I have the Synology DS1819+. I have two questions I'd like to run by you. When I was setting up the NAS connected through the adapter, I was having trouble getting the network settings to take. I ended up getting it on DHCP. What is the best way to switch it to manual now so that the IP will always be the same? Also, what is the most reliable method to test the speeds I am getting through the NAS using the adapter? I am thinking something other than just copying a large file? Thanks much in advance.

What is the best way to switch it to manual now so that the IP will always be the same?
Not much to it. Just go to interface settings in the control panel and configure a manual ip for the ipv4 (or 6 if you use it) to fix the ip to a manual value.

Also, what is the most reliable method to test the speeds I am getting through the NAS using the adapter? I am thinking something other than just copying a large file? Thanks much in advance.
That’s one way of doing it sure as it will show the practical throughput in this 10G scenario.

Another way to make sure you have a max 10G communication capability is to use iperf tool on your NAS side as well as your “client” side whatever that might be. iPerf - The TCP, UDP and SCTP network bandwidth measurement tool

Upvote 0
Thanks much for the reply and comments. I thought something was giving a network error because of the switch to manual, but it actually seems ok. Any ideas how I would figure out what the problem actually is? What happens is... I installed Docker and OpenSpeedTest on one of my journeys with this, but it won't run, says Network Error. Yet, I can access my files fine, and even Internet works, from the other ethernet cable.

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.