Can I do this with DS920+ Raid 1 and a plain drive

NAS
DS920+
Operating system
  1. Linux
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
I want to have 2 drives in a mirrored configuration and one drive as just a plain drive. The plain drive will just host a bunch of pictures, that are already backed up to blu-ray. After a lot of reading on the net, I know it can be done with TrueNAS but I am not sure how this would be done with Synology. I am total newbie. Thank you

Solution
I want to have 2 drives in a mirrored configuration and one drive as just a plain drive. The plain drive will just host a bunch of pictures, that are already backed up to blu-ray. After a lot of reading on the net, I know it can be done with TrueNAS but I am not sure how this would be done with Synology. I am total newbie. Thank you
If you are talking about 3 drive total, then yes you can. You will get 2 separate volumes (one raid1 and one "basic") in the end. No problem in running in this configuration.
If you are talking about 3 drive total, then yes you can. You will get 2 separate volumes (one raid1 and one "basic") in the end. No problem in running in this configuration.

Upvote 0
Solution

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.